OLA Colorado is a non-profit organization and a virtual research center dedicated to support and expand non-traditional research, cultural & educational enterprises on all regions of the Americas.
1. To expand the knowledge about the social, political, cultural
and educational landscapes in the Americas through inviting,
2. To provide junior, independent and non-affiliated researchers with the tools and support necessary to develop research, educational and community-oriented agendas that match the principles of the organization.
3. To bridge the gap between the academy and civil society in the
South, Central and North America.
4. To serve as a virtual hub for people, organizations, researchers form any region, country or indigenous nation in the Americas.
5. To foster and propagate an alternative research culture based on collaboration, solidarity and mutual benefit for participants.
Nonprofit status of the organization and formal start of operations, opportunities for employment and funds distributions are pending the formal registration as a 501(c)(3) organization. The executive board is currently finalizing the formal statutes and constitutive documents. We expect this process to be formally finalized on July 5th 2020. Once this process is finalized, we will be able to start collecting donations and this disclaimer will be updated accordingly.